A porcelain Easter Egg, Imperial Porcelain Manufactory, circa 1890

Add to collection

After a design by Osip Chirikov, the central reserve with a finely painted figure of St. Boris depicted wearing pink and green robes holding a cross and a spear within an oval blue frame decorated with crosses and stars, the reverse decorated with the Greek cross with Christ Pantocrator in the centre painted on pink ground and encircled by a pattern of stars, rosettes and garlands of stylised leaves
height: 11cm., 4 1/4 in.