Two Porcelain Plates from the Orlov service, Imperial Porcelain Manufactory, Period of Catherine II (1762-1796), circa 1760
Shaped circular, the cavettos decorated with interlaced and crowned gilt Cyrillic monogram GGO, within laurel and palm branches tied beneath, the raised border with moulded and ciselé gilt inner band with blue pellets and with ciselé silver landscape frieze, with impressed symbols and black Imperial Eagle and No. 1.
diameter: 24cm., 9 1/2 in. and 23cm., 9in.