Attributed to Fris Sergeevich Zhuravlov, 1836-1901
Attributed to Fris Sergeevich Zhuravlov, 1836-1901 before the wedding oil on canvas 76 by 116cm., 30 by 45Nin. The original, first version of this painting is located in the Russian Museum, St Petersburg for which the artist earned the title of academic at the Imperial Academy of Arts in 1874. There are other known versions painted by the artist in the State Tretyakov Gallery and The Kiev Museum of Fine Arts, both smaller than the original work. Further research and examination would help to confirm the authenticity of the offered lot.