A Russian parcel-gilt silver Kiddush beaker and stand
Moscow, 1882 engraved with architectural scenes interrupting flower sprays, the beaker also engraved This cup was used for Kiddush by the Rev. Chief Rabbi, May 19th 1894; A German silver-gilt beaker, unmarked, 18th century, of matted tapering cylindrical form, the foot inset with a Prussian l/6th thaler dated 1751; and a sanctuary lamp, circa 1800, part marked GBCC and illegible marks, probably Sicilian or Spanish the kiddush beaker with makers mark IEZ (Postnikova-Losseva no 616) the stand makers mark poorly struck, 6.5cm, the sanctuary lamp 28cm diameter, 1190gr, 38oz. The unknown makers IEZ recorded by Postnikova-Losseva in LOrfevrerie et la Bijouterie au XV-XXs., Moscow, 1995 is found in conjunction with both Moscow and Kiev assay marks. The 1882 Moscow assay mark A.K. on the stand, although not recorded by Postnikova-Losseva has been encountered before.