A Repousse and chased silver gilt Oklad

Add to collection

For an icon (missing) of the monk Saint Alexander Svirsky, the upper kovcheg showing the Holy Trinity within a hemisphere, the remainder of the oklad decorated with sprigs of roses, maker’s mark N.M., St. Petersburg, late 18th century (date poorly struck). Alexander Svirsky (1448-1533) founded the Monastery of the Holy Trinity on the banks of the river Svir in 1485.