Anastasia Nicholaevna: A Russian Icon of the Apparition of the Mother of God to St. Sergei of Radonezh

Author

circa 1913

Add to collection

Lot details

The Holy Trinity painted above the figure of the Holy Virgin, the border of the icon painted with colorful scrolling foliage, the reverse of the panel applied with a silver plaque, by Nemirov-Kolodkin, Moscow, inscribed in Cyrillic, 'This Image was given to Her Imperial Highness the Most Pious Grand Duchess Anastasia Nicholaevna on the occasion of her visit to the St. Sergei-Holy Trinity Monastery to celebrate the Tercentenary of the House of Romanov, 1913.'