A Pair of Russian Porcelain Military Plates
Imperial Porcelain Manufactory, St. Petersburg, 1880-1882
The center of each plate painted with various officers, both on foot and mounted, the borders gilded and incised with ribbon-tied branches of oak and laurel, also incised with the Russian Imperial eagle, the reverse of each with identifying inscriptions, also signed, one, 'From the painting of Charlemagne. A. Mironov,' dated 1882', the other, 'From the painting of Charlemagne. N. Semenov, also dated 1882; both with underglaze green cypher marks of Alexander II (1855-81).