An Album of Imperial Photographs
1. The arrival of Alexander III at Yalta. His health deteriorating, Alexander arrived at Yalta on the 21st of September, 1894 on his way to the Palace of Livadia, where he died on 1st November.
2. Nicholas II embarking at Copenhagen. The Tsar turns to shake hands with Crown Prince Frederick and between them is Count Mouraviov, the Russian Minister in Copenhagen from 1893 to 1897 (later Minister of Foreign Affairs).
3. The Emperor and Empress visiting Pskov on 24th August, 1903, schoolchildren present flowers, with a detachment of firemen in the background. The figures on the left are perhaps Grand Duke Vladimir, and the Lady-in-Waiting.
4. Grand Duke Nikolai Nikolaevich on the Champ de Mars in St. Petersburg at a May Day rehearsal.
5. The Emperor inspecting the First 'Volga' Terek Cossack Regiment before its departure to the Front during the Russo-Japanese war (behind the Tsar stand his brother Grand Duke Michael and Count Friedrichs).
6. Alexander III with his wife and her sister Queen Alexandra of the United Kingdom, at Bernstorf Palace in Denmark, circa 1888.
7. The Blessing of the 148th Tsaritsyn Infantry Regiment at Peterhof on 16th July, 1904, prior to its departure to the far eastern Front (one of the Emperor's daughters is in the carriage on the left, holding a parasol).
Reproduced in Marvin Lyons, Nicholas II, London, 1974, p.171.
8. A carriage, with the Emperor and the Tsarevich, leaving the Catherine Palace, Tsarskoe Selo, after a review of cadets on 22nd May, 1910 (the four Grand Duchesses wait while the carriage is summoned).
9. Another review at the Catherine Palace, circa 1911.
10, 11, 12. Three photographs taken during the commemoration of the Centenary of the Battle of Borodino (1912).
13. A carriage with the Tsarevich and his sisters inside the Kremlin (1912 or 13), in the background, the Church of St. Catherine of the Chudov Monastery (destroyed during the thirties) and the Saviour Gateway. Reproduced in Marvin Lyons, op. cit.
14. A Regimental Jubilee at Peterhof in 1913.
15. 16, 17, 18. Four photographs from a regimental review on the 4th and 5th of August 1914.
19. Nicholas II and Alexandra Feodorovna during their visit to Balmoral.