A SILVER PARCEL-GILT PRESENTATION EQUESTRIAN TROPHY-CUP

MARKED WITH THE IMPERIAL WARRANT OF OVCHINNIKOV, MOSCOW 1908-1917

Add to collection

On raised circular base enhanced with a border of raised ovals, the tapering cylindrical body decorated around the base with stylized acanthus leaves beneath two scrolling cartouches enclosing on one side a Romanov eagle and the other, an engraved inscription, Imperatorskoe S-Peterburgskoe Obshchestvo Pooshchreniya Rysistago Konnozavodstva "Internatsionalynyi Priz", 15 Sentyabrya, 1913 goda, (The Imperial St. Petersburg Society for Encouraging Trotting Studs, International Prize, 15 September, 1913) and beneath with the engraved inscription, Nazdniku Loshadi Vyigravshei 1 Priz, (To Nazdnik, 1st Prize Winning Horse)